Back at Home


Well, my trip to Dallas was too short. Given time and money we could have stayed another week. It was the best vacation I have taken in my life. Everyone got along so well and after that initial meeting it was like the kids had known each other their entire life. They were up from sun up to sun up. I know my children slept for hours after we returned because for the eight and half days we were there they did not sleep. We went to Six Flags over Texas and Great Wolf Lodge. The rest of the time we just hung out at the mall, played soccer, skating, cookouts and swimming. We stayed in great hotels and I was able to see downtown Dallas and Gilley's Dallas. Gilley's is the honkytonk bar from the movie Urban Cowboy. I have always loved that movie and although the original bar is in Houston, I went to the one in Dallas. The kids played cards, dominoes and just mainly talked about each other like they have been for ever. We all started getting attitudes the last couple of days and I honestly believed it was because no one could handle the last day. We understood it would end but it hurt like hell. I will never allow fourteen years to past before I see my friend again. She is my closest friend and she knows everything about me. She has always been there for me no matter what crisis I was going through.
We are already talking about next year and what we would like to do. The choice is between Disney World and a cruise. My family have already been to Disney World so I am for taking cruise. Because of finances, we will start planning a year ahead of time. Well that is all for now. I just wanted to show the pictures of how everyone was on the second day compared to the smiles the night before we left.



No comments: