Associate's Degree Completed.

I have been saying that I am back in school trying to finish what I started twenty years ago and I reached the half way mark by completing my Associates Degree in Business Administration. I know that is a drop in the bucket for some, especially those who have advanced degrees but for me it was a great feeling. First, it felt like a 60 year old person getting their GED. Something that you did not think was possible but you did it. It has also given me the courage to move forward to by Bachelor's. I was at work and I pulled up my school site, which I do most days and I saw I had this certificate that said I demonstrated the skills required for CTU professional certificate in Management - Undergraduate Level. That was not expected. I wanted to cry. I still do because it was just something extra to add to my resume' and I know that a degree is not the only thing I am pursuing but professional certifications based on my curriculum. I also received a call from my advisor that stated that although my degree was an Associates I still graduated Magna Cum Laude. This is my biggest honor because in my 12 years of school and my two years of college between the ages of 18-20, I have NEVER achieved this. I was always the average student doing just enough to pass. I was okay doing just enough to graduate but I truly pushed myself to excel and it paid off. Not trying to sound conceited but I am proud of myself in a way I do not believe I can explain because in my mind I did not think I could do it but I am doing it. With three kids, a full time job and bills. I owe all of this to God, my Savior because, believe it or not, He has made this road bearable. He has kept me focused and He has blessed my finances that I will not consider dropping out. It has not been easy and there were times when I wanted to quit but the Lord gave me strength each day and I pressed forward. I pray for that strength in the next 15 months.

I had to do this online because of my family obligations but I can honestly say, Colorado Tech University has a learning environment that will make you think you are on an actual campus. They offer classroom chats where the instructor is teaching twice a week and you have friends, that will be a great network system. I hope to meet one of my classmates when I take my trip to Dallas. You can also join clubs. The thing I really enjoy about this learning environment is the real life scenarios that is taught. They are up-to-date on the issues in business. This has been good because at work we are doing most of the practices that are being taught. Sometimes I would take a scenario at work and apply it to school or vice versus. I can say, if you are considering online coursework, you should look into this. My admissions advisor was so encouraging and we still keep in contact although his part is over. Shoot him an email he will help you out.

12 days till Dallas...

Well for now back to the books...

No comments: